Monday, October 29, 2012

Do ya Shower everyday?

This conversation came up amongst my writer friends, and I started thinking about showers, which are usually taken every day by most of us. It is like a tradition for most of us.

I asked my friends around me as to why do most of us hit the shower the first thing in the morning and some of the main reasons is:

  • It is like a tradition and have never thought of escaping it.

  • The hot shower helps my joints moving and increase flexibility.

  • It helps me feel fresh and clean and help me wash off the bugs on me.

Some said: "why should we shower? We can always escape it."

  • Showering is such a waste of time and water. Save water and time.

  • No sweat means no need to shower since, no bugs on me.

  • Man invented colognes and perfumes, so use them and get fresh.

What is your reasoning for taking a shower or to avoid one?

I agree as a kid we were taught that just as brushing one's teeth is considered healthy so, is taking a shower. I am into that ritual of taking a shower cause I feel that is one thing I don't have to use my brain and just do it.

But, that should not be the case. We ought to look inside us and decide what WE want rather than following a pattern.

Mantra for today: Listen to your inner self.

8 comments:

Cari Lorine said...

Usually, I shower every day. I think a morning shower is what makes me feel like I'm ready to go out and face the world. I guess the only exception is Saturday. Some Saturdays, I just spend my entire day lounging and relaxing. :) Those are great days!

Janine Huldie said...

I can't help it and need my morning shower to make me feel human. Granted with kids it is usually very short lived, but still makes me feel better somehow. The only days I don't shower is if I am truly that sick or like now possibly not be able to with power out or something like that.

OhBoyMom said...

I shower every day but sometimes I'll go a week without washing my hair. I have thick, wavy hair and if I spend the time blow drying it straight (or even better if someone else does), then I go as long as possible until washing away my straight, smooth hair!

Unknown said...

I don't feel fully awake until I've showered. And, living in a cold climate, it really helps me to warm up and take out some of the aches from my sore joints. And, for some reason, I seem to get a lot of my best writing ideas while I'm washing my hair. lol. Great post, Ruchira! :)

Unknown said...

I have to agree with the others, I need to shower nearly everyday to wake up in the morning, but some Saturdays I may not get scrubbed till late evening due to an illness I have called weekend laziness. Its very a contagious and frightening disease.

Unknown said...

I'm in the crowd of "forget the shower". I used to shower everyday when I worked outside the home. Now, I'm like - what's the point. Unless I have to go someplace where I'm interacting with people or it's been one day too long, then I'm not showering. I do justify it by thinking about the cost of water and the fact that most of the world can't afford or aren't able to take a shower. That's what I say, but really I'm just lazy.

Cynthia said...

Shower...I like to shower at night so that I'm clean for bed and can stay in my jammies in the morning if I want. :) I still like a nice shower daily, too, even though I'm at the computer and not breaking out in a huge sweat, you know? But I love to feel clean. ;)

Melanie Chisnall said...

Hmmm, interesting topic. I think I bath more than I shower, and this is purely for relaxation. In Winter it was right before bedtime to keep warm, but now that it's getting warmer - the baths are becoming less and less - and I use the hard shower beating on my shoulders for relaxing. It's also nice to come out of there feeling clean and fresh, lol :)