Thursday, December 6, 2012

Best Friends Forever? (BFF)

A friend is someone who can keep your secret and make you feel safe and protected. Many vouch for such friends.

But, the testing time comes when you have a high profile and your BFF goes and announces all that you and your better half have planned about your future and it is all over the newspapers.

Unfortunately, Kate Middleton is in the same situation. Her friend proved to be the informant and announced her pregnancy. She also landed up giving all the minute details about her relationship with Prince William.

Fail to understand what was her friend, Jessica thinking. In order to get in the limelight, she lost a friend's trust. Unfortunately, this kind of public attention does not take you far. It sure gives you attention for a couple of minutes, but then people know the actual YOU, and try to avoid you in the future. Once a friend breaks the code of ethics, she will be avoided by her other buddies. That is not a good scenario.

The above incident made me think of the ethics of friendship and what is it all about.

So, what is the code of friendship all about? How much is it by choice? How can we know if a friendship is true and a friend will stand by thick and thin times? Is friendship meant to last forever?

Since, Man is a social animal, he will be needing friends so, if he is not loyal to his buddy then how can he expect the same from them?

Mantra for today: Treat others just like you would like to be treated.

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Whoa. I hadn't heard that, but I would be SO UPSET with said "friend." Being famous should have nothing to do with a friendship. Grrr. Thanks for sharing this. :)

OhBoyMom said...

I had no idea Kate's friend had betrayed her like that...it's too bad, but I'm afraid it probably happens all too often with celebrities and in this case, royalty.

Unknown said...

Wow, is that really what happened? That is some bad friend karma. Yikes.

Ruchira Khanna said...

I was also shocked, thus thought of blogging about it.

Have also put in the link to assert my message ;)

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Interesting! I did not know that, but really, can we be surprised? For money all bets are off in many friendships.

Janine Huldie said...

Totally agree with your mantra again and another lesson that my wonderful mother taught me. I try very hard in my own life to treat those around me the way I would want to indeed be treated. Seriously, thanks for sharing Ruchira :)

Unknown said...

Great one... I haven't really been following the whole pregnancy thing. I guess I am not into the whole celebrity kind of thing. But, I do understand friendship, and it is part of the reason why sometimes it is better to have a few really good ones than to have a bunch of friends you can't trust at all. And for the most part - you get the kind of friends based off the kind of friend you are!

Cari Lorine said...

Ugh! I can only imagine how betrayed Kate Middleton must have felt. I hate that for her. I'd like to think that none of my friends would ever do such a thing to me.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

It must have been hard for her--I think it is always hard when trust is broken!