Friday, April 26, 2013

Passion

Join in the fun at FTSF

I am very passionate about Singing.

This was not my inborn talent. I loved it thus, wanted to develop it within me.

My journey was frowned upon by many including my parents whenever I would open my mouth.

Make my neighbors put cotton in their ears while cursing, "Here, she goes again!"
But, singing gave me pleasure, and I used to feel 2 pounds lighter than my usual weight (believe me that is remarkable progress especially when you want to put on those skinny pants)

As they say that if an individual has strong emotion for a thing, she has to feel that burn within her and not worry about what others think.

As a kid, I started off as a bathroom singer. My voice would echo into the pipes, and that had its own advantage. Those pipes never clogged!

I was adamant, and come what may I continued to sing.

My mom could not handle it anymore; she put me in a music class, with the hopes that I will get my voice trained.

Initially my music teacher would question me about this passion of mine, and gave me many options to surrender.

My determination to tame this passion was strong.

Result

My progress was magnificent.

I could make heads turn towards me, and they would sit and appreciate me sing. I knew that day would come since; this passion was head strong in me.

My journey was a rough one but, it ended with an applause and appreciation by all.

Mantra for today: Passion can make your life drive towards growth and prosperity.

12 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Love how you trained your voice for singing and I am a terrible singer. Never would have thought it possible to train a voice, but go you!! And thank you as always for linking up with us!! :) Voted for you, too!!

Cynthia said...

That's a really neat story, Ruchira. I bet you have a BEAUTIFUL voice! :)

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Glad you were able to make your passion a success!

Natalie DeYoung said...

I love it when passion and determination have a happy outcome! What an uplifting story!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you played today!!! Allie hates my singing, even wrote to Santa to ask him to give me a better voice. Doesn't stop me from rocking out in the car though. I am glad you found and followed your passion!

Melanie Chisnall said...

I had no idea you could sing. What a beautiful talent to have, you're lucky! I'm glad you stuck to your passion :)

Jamie Miles said...

Wow Ruchira, that is so impressive to me. Maybe because I have no vocal musical talent. (Who wouldn't love to sing.) You took belief, and natural talent and with determination made your dream come true. So inspiring.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Very true words, Ruchira. Keep on singing. The world needs more beauty.

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thank you Cyndi, Janine, Bill, SouthMainMuse, Melanie, Kerri, Natalie, Another Clean Slate.

Passion can help us drive from impossible to possible.

Btw, I am just a moderate singer...lol

Michele said...

I loved this Ruchira! Sometimes it's worth it to stick to what you love no matter what anyone else says!

Kristi Campbell said...

What a cool story and awesome for you that your dedication paid off!

Anonymous said...

I'm very envious of those who can sing and dance. If I had anything to work with, I would too! Great story!