Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Chair on the Porch

In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story a chair on a porch. Why is it there, and what might it mean? Think about using it as a prop or the main thrust of your story.


Join in the fun at CarrotRanch

----------------------------------------


"Maggi!" 


No response.

"Can't find the girl anywhere in the house. Aha! Must be on the porch on her old ragged chair." Mom muttered as she stepped towards the patio.

"Cathedra, Alison did not invite me to her b'day party and instead poked fun at my dress." 

Maggi whimpered as she caressed the arm of the chair.

"She is not my friend anymore!" 

Wiping her tears, "But you will always be my pal since you are here to listen to my pain and joys." 

Mom overheard and changed her opinion. She was now in awe of the chair! 

No comments: