Monday, April 29, 2013

That Spur of Moment !!

We all are intelligent souls, aware of our surroundings, but many a times we react at the spur of the moment which haunts us the whole day.

This morning I honked to a passerby in a school campus who had this belief that I was speeding. She was making signs towards me, asking me to slow down.

I was driving at 5 miles/hr. What more can you expect from me?

That spur of the moment when anger strikes or it hurt my ego when I was doing something right and still being accused of it made me blow the horn.

Needless to say, I felt bad after that.

I thought that I could have done a better job in controlling myself by just smiling at her but instead replied back with that same tone.

I should have breathed in and kept my ego aside.

Mantra for today: Reacting at the spur of the moment is always fatal.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think reacting to the spur of the moment is human. Don't be so tough on yourself!

Janine Huldie said...

Seriously, don't be too rough on yourself and think we all have been there. Voted for you Ruchira!!! :)

Michelle Liew said...

Gosh, Ruchira, you're definitely not alone in feeling that. It's difficult when that anger hits there and then.......I always tell myself to count to ten! (sorry for the poetic interference). Seriously, too true and well said. We should never do things on impulse lest we regret it. I am sharing this on the Muses from the Deep Gazette http://paper.li/f-1341323040

Susan Zutautas said...

I think most people react a you did. Don't feel bad, we all do it.

Cynthia said...

Ya know, it's easy to react this way. I think with a little mindful practice, we can avoid it - but Susan's right: we all have our knee-jerk reactions to things and we're only human. :)

Ruchira Khanna said...

thank you all for your precious input.IT made me feel lighter :)


Just my 2 cents ;)
Sure, we are humans so ought to behave like that but, if we come with that excuse then how will we be different from the other...

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

This is something I have struggled with my entire life. I have finally learned to think before responding and it has brought peace to me...now if I can only remember it each day.