Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Wishes

With the holidays around the corner, I have encountered various incidents where there would be smirk on my fellow citizen, when wished.

I have always been confused with what to wish the other person especially when I have made my purchases from the sales associate and want to part from her.

Should I wish her, "Happy Holidays" OR "Merry Christmas"

I try to scan the associate of what ethnicity she is, and there have been times that I make a mistake...Result...that smirk indicating, "I don't celebrate it."

Question?

Should it really matter, as long as I am wished something?

Honestly, I don't mind being wished any of the above. Since, that gives me another excuse to be jolly and merry.

Mantra for today: Tolerance towards other religions and ethnicity is good for one's mind and body.

8 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

I know I always try to do Happy holidays, but being raised Catholic and celebrating Christmas I do sometimes forget. Good post and Happy holidays Ruchira :)

OhBoyMom said...

Great post Ruchira...As a Jew who is married to a Catholic, we celebrate it all and thus, I go with Happy Holidays. But, you're right, it shouldn't matter as long as we are wished something...

Ruchira Khanna said...

Glad to read your feedbacks, Janine and Ohboymom!

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas :)

Cynthia said...

Personally, I love it when I get wished "happy" or "merry" anything. :) I'm just grateful that people care enough to want to send on happy holidays or merry christmas or happy hanukkah or happy kawanzaa. :) It's a time for celebration; why get offended at someone's well wishes?

Dangerous Linda said...

Dear Ruchira,

Stopping by from the Christmas Blog Hop ;-)

So nice to meet you -- Sweet post!

Wishing YOU a Very, Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

In the past few days I have thought the same thing, Ruchira, when wishing my HP friends a Merry Christmas. I decided it made no difference whether they were Christian or not....it is in the wishing of happiness and blessings that makes it a universal greeting.

Merry Christmas, Ruchira, and blessings to you and yours always.

WhatJeanLikes said...

I've noticed in the quest to be "PC" people are so sensitive to the salutations that are given at this time of year. I say Merry Christmas myself or Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays so it's all encompassing. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

Thank you, Mahalo so much for linking up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop last week. I am following you back by the way. :)

If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! We are hosting a great giveaway too which is a wonderful opportunity to give some extra exposure to you lovely blog. Come and link up, enter the giveaway (if you haven't yet) and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

Aloha,

Jean {What Jean Likes}

Suzy said...

Nice post Ruchira. Hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a very happy new year. I am always thankful to receive a greeting - I believe that's a blessing from Heaven.
Dropping by from the Christmas blog hop.