Saturday, December 22, 2012

How to get in the Christmas Spirit?

Christmas is a once in a year affair.

In spite of all the crimes and hatred around the globe. It is one time where man wishes for peace and happiness.

However, I wish that time freezes and we could be in the moment for ever...Amen!

Memories made during that time, can always cheer us, and help us bring in the Christmas Spirit early on.

Here are some questions posed by my blogger friend, Michelle via her blog.

Answering them and passing on the baton to all who read this, and help them look back on their time, and cherish those memories.

1. What’s the coolest stocking gift you’ve ever received?

My first cell phone came as a stocking gift. I was ecstatic and still possess it even though I don't use it anymore.

2. Do you prefer to wrap gifts or use gift bags? (Short and easy one)?


I prefer to use newspapers for gift wrapping gifts for my family members. For friends, I prefer using the fancy wrapping paper.

3. What’s the weirdest ornament on your tree?

There is no weird ornament on our tree. Each of them has a beautiful memory thus, cannot find it strange.

 4. What are your thoughts on re-gifting?

If I don't like a gift, I prefer to donate it to various shelters. I feel that keeping it with me will not make me like it. Thus, give it off with the hope that someone somewhere some place might treasure it.

5. Describe the best Christmas morning you’ve ever had?

 My best Christmas morning was the morning when I received my first cell phone. I could get connected with the outside world even on the go.


So, asking the similar questions to ALL who read this, and I hope I can help bring you your Christmas Spirit early on!


Mantra for today: Good memories can be magical.

17 comments:

Richard Rumple said...

Beautiful answers! You really are as sweet as you pretend to be, aren't you? : ) Great post! And again, Merry Christmas!

Ruchira Khanna said...

haha...I sure pretend well, Rich :)

Actually, Reiki keeps me grounded whenever I am an evil person. Thus, thank the positive spirits around me.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

OhBoyMom said...

Wonderful post and answers...my mom likes to use newspaper to wrap gifts too.:)

Unknown said...

Enjoyed reading your post! It's been so fun to see everyone's tag answers. Getting a cell phone in your stocking would be totally cool!

Janine Huldie said...

I really did love this game and have been truly enjoying everyone's take on this. When I read about the newspaper wrapping, I was reminded of my grandmother who used to wrap in the funny pages. Brought bakc some great childhood memories, so thanks for that :)

Michelle Liew said...

First a hamster, now a cell! Thanks for sharing and passing it on, Ruchira, and the lovely mention as well.

Cynthia said...

I love the spirit of giving that comes with the Christmas season and like you, I wish it lasted all year. :) Wonderful post!

Melanie Chisnall said...

That's such a cool idea...wrapping presents in newspaper. Add a bit of raffia and some dried citrus and you have a very rustic looking present! Loved your post and learning a bit more about you :)

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Happy Holidays to you Ruchira!!

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Good memories are magical and I love Christmastime! I wish a very Merry Christmas for you, Ruchira, and thank you for a wonderful year of friendship.

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thanks ohboymom. Merry Christmas :)

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thanks Kate. Merry Christmas :)

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thanks Janine. Merry Christmas :)

Unknown said...

Happy Holidays! Great idea about donating instead of re-gifting, and I loved your answer about the ornaments. I'm afraid to say, we have quite a few weird ones on our tree!

Unknown said...

Happy Holidays! Great idea about donating instead of re-gifting, and I loved your answer about the ornaments. I'm afraid to say, we have quite a few weird ones on our tree!

Christy B said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Ruchira! :)

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thanks Christy, Stephanie, Michelle, Bill, Cyndi, Audrey, Melanie.

Merry Christmas!

Bill, the feeling is mutual my friend :)