Thursday, February 8, 2024

My Dignity

Menon saw his wife, Sarita, flipping the pillows on their bed and checking under the comforter, ruffled sheets, and behind the chest of drawers.


 He asked irritatingly, "What are you looking for? And why aren't you dressed?" 


Sarita whispered, "I'm looking for my dignity?" 


And she continued to search other rooms.


With crossed eyebrows, Menon followed her and asked, "Is that a new cosmetic? Just get dressed without it." he said, glancing at his watch. 


She squinted at him with crossed arms and said sternly, "I can't go to places where I am a mere puppet. Go without me!"




 In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about something lost now found. Is it an object or person who is lost? How are they lost? What happens when what was lost is found? Go where the prompt leads!

No comments: