Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Timeouts!






“I don’t want to go to school tomorrow!” Nate announced loud and clear when he entered his home and sat down with a sulk.

“What happened, honey?” Mom was quick to take the eight-year-old in her lap.

The Mom continued to tickle and caress.

After a couple of minutes, he blurted, “My teacher gives me a lot of timeouts!”  

There was silence.

“I’m sure you cannot identify what is right and what is wrong,” said Mom as she gently stroked his arm, “These timeouts are like a chisel. They will help you recognize and analyze your behavior, going forward.” 






============

In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story that includes a chisel. Use chisel as a noun or a verb. Think about what might be chiseled, who is chiseling. Be the chisel. Go where the prompt leads!



2 comments:

CharliMills said...

Ah, great concept, Ruchira! Timeouts are like a chisel. Yes, the corrections that shape us.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

I had my share of timeouts. :)