Friday, March 22, 2013

Activities to do when bored!

Join in the fun at FTSF.

One time when I was bored out of my mind, I applied makeup on my sleeping brother!

I am so serious!

This takes me back to many years when I was a 1st or a 2nd grader.

It was one of those dreary Sunday afternoons, when my parents would nap, and usually my elder brother and I would play in the backyard. For some reason, my brother wanted to sleep, and promising me that he will wake up in a few minutes, went inside. I tried keeping the ball as my company but, even that started to wear out.

I went in, and tried to wake him up, but no luck. I was sitting next to him and scanning the room. He used to have posters of Madonna in his room. I scrutinized her and then looked at my brother.

Tiptoed to my parent's room, and got a couple of cosmetics such as Eye liner pencil, blush, lipstick. Sat next to my brother, and started painting his face. The poster was my inspiration. I applied stuff on my brother's face, and finally ended it with the popular mole on his upper lip with the eye liner pencil. My mom woke up, and she was passing by my brother's room, when she saw me coming out with a hand full of her cosmetics.

She was curious with all that stuff in my hands, and when asked, I was too innocent to blurt it out. Pointed to my brother's face. She came in to see what I had done, and could not control her laughter. She laughed so loudly that my brother woke up. My dad heard her loud chuckles and came out. He also joined in the fun, while my brother still looked curiously for the reason of laughter.

Finally, my mom handed him a mirror, and he was shocked!

But, today when I look back at it; he was looking so cute. I wish he had allowed my mom to take a picture of him.

Needless to say, I was given a time out for this deed. But, my excuse was that I was darn bored!

Mantra for today: Innocence is so darn cute!

12 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Ruchira, shake my hand. I was once so bored as a child I dressed my kid brother up as Smurfette. There are even pictures somewhere, but pretty sure my brother found them and burned them, lol!! Seriously was laughing so hard on this, because I kind of forget about my own transgression until reading your post. Awesome seriously and thanks for linking up again. Have voted for you, too!! :)

Unknown said...

This is what I missed out on having older siblings! I never got to do anything fun like that. I did torment my little sister by refusing to let her listen to Rainbow Brite in the car. Does that count?
Linking up from #FTSF. Thanks for sharing!

OhBoyMom said...

Oh that is hilarious! I could picture one of my 3 boys doing that to one of his brothers too...I'd say you made good use of your boredom, even if you had to pay for it with a time out. Sounds like it was worth it. :)

Unknown said...

I love that you haven't been bored since 2nd grade. Did your brother forgive you or get revenge?

Lisa Newlin said...

This is awesome! And OF COURSE Madonna was your inspiration. She's an inspirational kind of gal---sort of.

And he had it coming for making you wait. He's lucky you didn't put his hand in a bucket of ice or freeze his underwear.

Ruchira Khanna said...

I am glad ladies you all had fun at my expense...lol

Years have passed by and I still laugh over it. I only wish I had taken his pix ;)

Unknown said...

This brought back memories of my daughter dressing up and making up her little brother but he was awake. She could convince him to let her do anything as long as she would play with him. This is my first participation in FTSF blog hop. I have enjoyed the stories. I am now following you on GFC.

http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

Susan Zutautas said...

When I was little we used to dress up our pets in whatever we could find around the house. We didn't do it out of boredom though.

One time after dinner my father in law fells asleep on my couch so his wife and I painted his finger nails a bright red color. He laughed like crazy when he woke up. Beware if you fall asleep on my couch :)

Kristi Campbell said...

So funny! When I was a kid, I wanted a sister, so I turned my youngest brother into a girl. Put him in a dress, curled his hair. He looked adorable. Even the neighbors thought my brother Mike had a twin named Michelle. The game lasted for months until I accidentally burned his head with the curling iron. Then, he stopped letting me turn him into Michelle.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Remind me to never fall asleep in your presence, Ruchira! Naughty child! LOL

Ruchira Khanna said...

Bill ;)

Kristi...gosh that is hilarious. Poor brother!

Susan...that is awesome! Also shows the healthy relationship you and your inlaws share...hugs!

Welcome Betty. Aww that is so cute about your son doing what his elder sis wants him to do. Will follow you back :)

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I love that. I'm so glad you shared this story.