Thursday, March 21, 2013

Health Awareness in an Authoritarian Way!

Since Man is always on the run, and also with the rise in costs in health related products that a blood test could mean a lot for many until a problem arises.

CVS Pharmacy wants people to look inside their body on an annual basis by getting a complete metabolic profile via a blood test. 

If not done, their employees will be fined $50/month.

Of course, there is an uproar about it. Where is the democracy?

Why is a man being forced to do an annual check up of himself?

My 2 cents

This is just giving us a shout out on keeping our health in focus. Cause if no health, man will not be able to move around and accumulate wealth.

For some,  it could be useless, but an utterly essential precaution.
Maybe CVS Pharmacy should give discounts to their employees to get such a blood test done. That might encourage people to go for it.

Mantra for today: Precaution is better than cure.

4 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

I get tested once at year at my annual physical and honestly I like to at least know that I have the clean bill of health at least for the next year. It does put my mind at ease. So I do agree that precaution truly is better than a cure sometimes, especially when it helps to let you know that yes you are still ok and healthy. Totally voted for you as always!!

Cynthia said...

I think if CVS approached it differently and said, "we will give any employee who gets a metabolic test a $150 bonus" instead of doing it negatively and "requiring people" to do this. Because if you give people a choice, they might surprise you. Of course, I'd never work for a company like that, LOL.

Melanie Chisnall said...

I think the message behind it is a good one - to look after our health, I just don't like the fact that employees are being forced to do it. I wouldn't want to work their either.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

I agree completely, Ruchira! I am very aware of my health now that I am 64, and I have taken steps to eat better and exercise more.