Monday, February 25, 2013

Earning Money...a Choice?

Recently I published a hub on How money is related to Stress and Health concerns.

Money is essential for our living, and we got to earn it to survive. But how to draw a line with regards to money with our NEEDS versus the WANTS!

I always thought that if you are not a priest or salvaged your life; earning money is as compulsory as breathing, and that is the cycle of life that is needed for our existence.

I was wrong!

Recently came across a family that prefers to live without money by choice. They prefer to live on the generosity  of others to give them the essential supplies for survival.

The couple has a child, and they are on a money strike.

Seriously, when you have a child in your lives. Would you want to be living on the love and philanthropy of others?

My 2 cents:
You are educated souls, and can easily limit your wants and identify your needs and cash them accordingly; after you earn your money.

Mantra for today: Earn a living respectfully.

7 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

I am with you and think it may be hard not to have any money at all with small children. I give this couple credit, but don't think I could do this myself. Thanks for sharing and voted for you, too :)

Unknown said...

Earn a living respectfully. Love it.

Cynthia said...

Yes, it's good to earn it respectfully. Good for the couple, but I gotta say, when we bring a child into the world, we owe it them to provide a secure, loving environment and provide for their needs. It's one thing to do as an adult, but when you bring a child into the mix, things are different. Awesome post!

Unknown said...

I don't think I could rely on the good will of others. I prefer to provide for myself and my family, that why I know I've earned it and I know I can depend on it.

I do respect their idea to live frugally and not waste. I think at this point in time, a lot of families are being forced to do that or do without. Great post, Ruchira! :)

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thank you ladies.

Yes, I agree bringing a child and then still continuing to live on charity is so wrong. They should try to get back to earning their living like normal people do.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

I read their story and it filled me with hope. Maybe there are some other people out there who understand that money does not buy happiness.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I would be too afraid to do that if I had children I would think---difficult choices