Saturday, August 5, 2023

Timing Matters

 


"I think we should take the south route," Aisha stated confidently.

Mala interjected, "But there's always traffic at this time. Let's take the inner roads instead; it'll be faster."

"I understand, but traffic helps me practice patience."

"That's good, but I want to be on time for work. Can you exercise your patience when driving alone?"

"Don't worry; I'll ensure we arrive on time."

Mala scoffed, "How? Does your car have wings?"

Despite Mala's remark, Aisha was resolute and selected the south route on her GPS.

'Why did I agree to carpool with such an immature co-worker?' thought Mala.


: In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about something or someone immature. Is it a wine not yet ready to uncork or an adult not ready to adult? You can follow the flight of immature fledglings or come up with something unexpected. Go where the prompt leads!

1 comment:

D. Avery said...

Well that's going to be a looong commute!