Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Just a Spoonful



"Hons, Could you also make me a PB&J sandwich?" Sarah requested from the room that was diagonal to the kitchen. 

"Err, how much jam should I dab on your slice? I'm aware you have a less-sugar policy."

"Just a spoonful should be good." 

Once finished, Sarah joined him at the table. She bit into her sandwich hungrily and, within a second, snorted, "Jeez! The jam is oozing out from my sandwich. Didn't I say just a spoon?" 

"You didn't specify which spoon. So, I went with the one I used to make mine," said Jason with a wide smile. 



In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about a smear of jam. Is it across a slice of toast, a white shirt, or something unexpected? The jam could be the focus or detail that ads a twist. Who are the characters with the jam and where are they situated in space and time? Go where the prompt leads!