Friday, August 9, 2013

My Habits

Opening my Pandora box in public is gonna shatter all my goody image (at least, I assume I have one!)

But today's FTSF sentence is: I have a bad habit of


Before I proceed, let me try to convince myself that we all are mostly surrounded by bad habits than good ones. It is just our thoughts and belief in ourselves that help us translate our bad to good and help us look confident and bold.

My daily practices that could be damaging for some, but good according to me are:

 Undecided where to go for any family outing: I feel it is a good habit since I am just going with the flow of my family members and they have one less person to argue or deal with another random suggestion.

Like to keep decor simple: Being an Energy healer, I feel that energy moves if the decor is less, or else it tends to become stagnant in one place. But, it gives an impression that I am a lazy person to decorate my home, and I usually get that statement from friends, "You have still not furnished your living room?"

 I do not like to wear a smile everywhere.  It makes me feel yucky from inside. Alas, this world loves playing charades, and I have been sidelined by friends and sometimes family for that matter.

 I care for my clothes. As a result, they are worn for months to come. I do not go out and buy new clothes and am behind trends. Thus, at times given a label of a simpleton!

These bad habits make me feel comfortable within me and give me the assurance that I have a spine of my own!

Mantra for today (Mahatma Gandhi): “Your beliefs become your thoughts, Your thoughts become your words, Your words become your actions, Your actions become your habits, Your habits become your values, Your values become your destiny.” 

No comments: