Monday, January 7, 2013

Pharmaceutical Industry

There are many streams of medicines discovered by man. To name a few are Homeopathic, Aryvuvedic, however; Pharmaceutical is the only stream of medicine that is flourishing the most, and is most advanced.

Advanced is an understatement.

Lately my concern has been over the billion dollar pharmaceutical company, and it's research and drug industry.

Did you know...

The only cure the pharmaceutical company made so far was in 1962. It was the cure for polio.

Other than that..there have been no cures reported. Drugs are made to debilitate the existing condition/disease in man.

Example: Autoimmune disease--Drugs are available to weaken the immune system so that the body does not attack thy self.

Pain in any organ of the body--pain killers are invented to numb the area where pain occurs.

The list is endless.

My question

With so much money spent on research and development. Why is the drug industry not able to come up with a cure?

Why are we taking alternate routes and not eliminating the disease from its roots?

Is the drug industry worried that by curing the disease, they will lose their market of patients?

Currently 90% of our population is suffering from some disease or the other. This is the reason, health industry is benefiting. But, had the drug industry looked for a cure instead of an alternate route, Man would be prospering with good health and wealth.

Mantra for today: Honesty towards Mankind will prosper the society in all ways.

10 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

You said it perfectly, because if there were cures these pharmaceutical companies would be losing money hand over fist, so they just market things that will help, but need to be used continuously. Imagine the possibilities though if they actually did find cures for those who were in need!

OhBoyMom said...

I used to work in the marketing department of a pharmaceutical company (for 5 years) and I agree, there was too much time and effort spent on developing new and improved drugs. I wasn't that involved with the R&D department but I also learned that it took a VERY long time to obtain FDA approval for anything new...very frustrating.

Unknown said...

I agree with you, why would they want to find a cure when they can make so much more money off of keeping everyone unhealthy.

Makes you wonder if humans were healthier before big pharma came into the picture. :D

Cynthia said...

I've often heard that the drug industry goes as far as to seemingly help treat the disease while not curing it because cures will make them bankrupt. They are, after all, for-profit companies which scares me.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I so agree with you Ruchira! Well said!

Dangerous Linda said...

This is a very interesting post. I agree that drug companies are not looking for cures. The answer is not in blaming drug companies. The answer is in using the tools God gave us to cure ourselves -- namely our minds. It's the only answer I can come up with where I'm in control, so that's what I do. The amazing thing is, I become self-sufficient and there's nobody else to blame for my situation ;-)

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thanks Janine, ohboymom, Cyndi, Audrey, Terrye for your valuable feedback.

Hi Linda, Thanks for stopping by. sure, I agree that if I point fingers at anyone...the rest of the fingers will be pointing fingers at me :)
I am just trying to highlight on how our drug industry operates. The corporates want money so that the show goes on thus, a cure could not be found.
I have worked in the biotech industry for over 5 years and see how heads thing...money is on their minds...cure...not so much!!

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Great points Ruchira! They are one of the top lobbyist in politics and for what? They control the industry and for what? I'm beginning to put more and more of my faith in natural solutions.

Dangerous Linda said...

Ruchira: Well put! I appreciate your response ;-)

Unknown said...

One of the main things needed in pharmaceutical research is people who can work as qualified pharmaceutical technicians.