Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14th

June 14th was my dad's birthday.

As I fondly used to call him, "Papa"

My papa is no more. He passed away 2 years back while battling against cancer. I am sure he is in a better place right now.

Unfortunately, it is the people that are left behind who have to live with the memories of the deceased.

Days such as birthday, anniversary haunt us more than ever!

Although, we all know that the soul does not have a birth or a death day. It is immortal. It is just the day the body takes birth or dies.

Then why does man get sentimental about it, and gets enveloped by emotions?

Sure, there is no harm in pausing and reflecting upon those moments that helped create memories, but  getting side tracked and going on a path of lamenting should not be the case.

I feel that souls that think alike or have a fondness for each other will meet up in some form or shape.
That might take time.

Time is an allotment that no one can jump through it. Patience is a virtue with respect to this duration.

Time flies when mind is occupied. Man ought to continue doing his actions and time will pass.

Unfortunately, time does not give a man the luxury to rewind and live again.

That makes time precious, and yet a drag when there is a desire for something.

Mantra for today: Time is like a bubble. 





6 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Oh so sorry about your dad Ruchira. Right now you know all that is going on with my own father, so I can relate a bit on that end, as well as having lost all my grandparents. Their birthdays, anniversaries and such get me every year, too. So, I know exactly what you mean. Thinking of you today my friend and also voted as always!!

Yvonne Spence said...

This is a lovely tribute to your dad Ruchira. Like you, I feel sure he is okay now and it is those left behind who feel saddened by his passing. Grief takes us by surprise sometimes and doesn't come neatly packaged with a beginning and an end. I guess that's why even though we know they are okay we still sometimes lament. And that's okay; you are human.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

If we are not living for today we are fools. Your father's memory lives on...and you have today as a gift...use it well. :)

Michelle Liew said...

Ruchira, a wonderful tribute to your father. Hugs on this day....and I love this mantra...time is indeed like a bubble. Easily burst!

Cynthia said...

I know this can be hard, but yeah...know you're strong and that one day you will be reunited. :)

Ruchira Khanna said...

thank you all for your precious comments.

Appreciate it.

Happy Monday :)