Thursday, June 13, 2013

Difference in Parenting

Becoming parents is divine.

Some people would give up their own life style to adapt to the tunes of the baby.

While some would just flush the baby down the toilet.

Seriously!

This mom in china was quite overwhelmed having a baby that she thought of getting rid of the little infant by a mere flush. She is a single mom and that could have been the reason for her insensitivity but, she could have had an abortion rather than keeping the baby full term, delivering it, and then getting rid of it.
How can an individual be so callous?

How can some parents be so divine and some be indifferent? We all have the same soul, body and mind. Is it the circumstances that make some parents hardhearted and some yearn to be good parents?

My 2 cents
No situation in life can be so miserable that one flushes another life down the toilet. It is how we translate our circumstances; that matters from an individual to individual.

Mantra for today: Translate each circumstance of your life in a positive way. It has something to teach you, each day.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said. I cannot imagine what that woman's state of mind was that she thought flushing her child was the right course of action. Then I remind myself it is not my place to judge her.

Janine Huldie said...

Wow, I couldn't even imagine someone trying to do this harm to her own child. Seriously, when I got pregnant for the second time it was unplanned and I was a bit shell shocked, but once I got passed the initial shock, I was so happy to be having another baby and loved her pretty much from the get go. So I do agree whole heartedly with your mantra today and as always voted for you!! :)

Unknown said...

I don't think we do have all the same soul. What's so ironic about the mother you speak of is that in China you can get an abortion for a female fetus wholesale! I'm glad someone is talking about this. Thank you.

Susan Zutautas said...

I just read about this (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinese-baby-flushed-down-toilet-1919156) and it sounds to me like the woman has no conscience. So sad.

Dreamwalker said...

I watched this remarkable rescue on TV, and it makes one wonder at the state of mind that a mother could do that to her child..

Was she so afraid of the authorities as the rule of One child parents in China, leads to so many infants at childbirth being abandoned or worse..

I can not image how any Mother could harm her child.. And yet many do..

My thoughts go out to all those sad unfortunate children who are just a number on some statistic page like the Number this baby was given instead of a name, of the number the incubator was.. ..

We have much work to do in the world in its healing and compassion.. and in learning the art of LOVE..

This surely has something to teach us all!.....
Great Mantra Ruchira

Blessings Sue x


Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

There are some things, Ruchira, that I will never understand. I'm sure that mothers was at her wit's end, and emotionally unstable. Having said all that, I still don't understand her actions. :)

Cynthia said...

Who knows what she was thinking. I do know that that new baby will be loved by someone else, though. :)