Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Memorial Day, is a long weekend. It is all about sales, barbeque's and socializing.

Gone are the days when people ponder on the real meaning of this weekend.

When good things come naturally, we start taking it for granted.

Freedom is one of those stands that some countries enjoy it thoroughly. Thanks to the strong legislation rules that crime are under control, and people can venture out doing stuff that they "like" or "enjoy"

As I sit back and enjoy the extra Monday off. I like to pause and thank all those men and women who sacrificed their lives for to keep me and brethren safe.

Today, as I leisurely walk on the roads, and take in deep breathes of contentment. I like to bow down to those who thought of putting themselves and their lives on the line of fire and let go of themselves so that we could enjoy this moment of our life.

I bow thee!
Thank you!

Mantra for today: Nothing is for free on this planet, thus, treasure it.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Aww, I hope you had a great day yesterday, Ruchira. :) Take care!

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

My dad, a veteran, used to say there are no free lunches in this country....I now know what he meant.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I hope you had a good weekend Ruchira!