Monday, March 15, 2021

A Simple Wish



"Mommy, I love you to the moon and back." 

"Aww! baby! my words are coming back to me." Sheila chuckled as she adjusted her head and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"Mommy, when can you play with me?" 

"As soon as I feel better, doll." 

Hearing that, Liz closed her eyes and waved her magic-wand in her direction. 

"What did you wish?" Mom inquired when Liz opened her eyes.

Liz placed her tiny hands over her bald head, "My deepest wish is that you get well so we can play together and go out for pizza and burgers." 



========

 In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about deep wishes. Where is the deep — in the sky, the ground, or outer space? What kind of wishes reside there for whom and why? Go where the prompt leads!

6 comments:

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

I would call that a very good wish indeed! :)

D. Avery said...

Sure hope that kid gets her wish, if only so that she can still believe in wishes.

CharliMills said...

Such a sweet and innocent perspective, Ruchira. Moving flash.

Goldie said...

A beautiful wish and story. I like how the drawing goes well with the tale.

Ajay Kalva said...

A beautiful story, hope the children get the wish

Anonymous said...

Mario carts buy
Buy smart buds online
buy sugar mints online
Buy pink panties online
Buy mimosa kush online
buy space monkey meds