Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mother Teresa

Any selfless act done towards humanity or towards any living creature should not be judged.

Alas, man is a selfish soul and likes to point fingers at everyone.

No one is spared whether dead or alive.

Lately in the news, I was shocked to read about accusations on Mother Teresa. She was called a jerk.

Sure, we all are jerks in one or the other way. No one is perfect.

But, the thought of putting someone ahead of me is supreme. She did that. Her motto was to help under-privileged people, and gave up her life for that.

Do we do such a thing? At least not me!

Thus, no right to judge anyone.

My 2 cents!

Try to be in the shoes of the accused prior to judging him/her.

Mantra for today: Accusing others is a sign of insecurity within you.


5 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

I cannot believe anyone would call Mother Teresa a jerk. She truly was a saint among the living and was probably the most selfless person in our time. So I couldn't agree more with your take on this and your mantra for today. Have of course voted, too!! :)

Ruchira Khanna said...

gosh...how do you do it, Janine.

One dedicated commenter. I have been busy with my kid's science project thus, could hardly come near the computer till now.

Will swing by your blog soon. Hugs!

Cynthia said...

Though I'm not Catholic, Mother Teresa was a living saint for what she did. Anyone who judges obviously has not walked a mile - or a tenth of it - in her shoes. Great post!

Melanie Chisnall said...

That's sad. There are too many people out there not doing anything to help anyone, who sit back and point fingers and mock and call names. I think Mother Teresa was amazing in all that she did. Don't know what idiot would resort to calling her a jerk.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

One of the oldest lessons we have been taught as a civilization, and yet we don't seem to learn it...judge not!