Monday, March 18, 2013

Marking the 10th Anniversary of Invasion of Iraq

Today is the 10th Anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, and as we look back to all those years of torture and pain and suffering and blood shed with the noises of bullets, and the amount of money spent over it.

We wonder, was it worth it?

Even when soldiers were deployed from Iraq, they could not rest in peace under their own sheets even when surrounded by familiar walls of their home. The images of war disturbed many mentally and emotionally thus, suicide rates are high since then.

Was it worth it?

Analysis shows that we spent over trillion hard earned money of the citizens of America over this war.

Was it worth it?


I wish our brains could eradicate all those memories created via this war. I wish those cells holding that kind of memory degenerate. But, alas science does not work on the terms of the deeds of mankind.

Mantra for today: Think twice before you act.

6 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Wow, I can't believe it was 10 years ago today. BAck then I was actually dating a marine who was getting deployed to Iraq and in such a different place in my own personal life. But do definitely agree with your mantra for the day and have of course voted for you!!

Cynthia said...

Janine got me thinking about what I was doing 10 years ago. I had ALWAYS been against this stupid war. Declaring war against the Taliban is one thing, but the whole Iraq thing was completely different. :\
Anyways, I was working a dead-end job at a ski area, but newly married. :)

Sally said...

Wow. 10 years. It's hard to imagine it has been that long but even harder to realize that "most" Americans seem oblivious to the fact that we are in a 10+ year situation in Iraq. Thank you for this eye-opening post.

10 years ago I had a newborn baby and was so scared of what was going on I kept CNN on all night.

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thanks cyndi, Janine, Sally.

Yes, it has been long 10 years for all citizens. I pity the people who were in the scene of war.

OhBoyMom said...

Wow - 10 years ago is hard to believe. Your other commenters referred to where they were then: We had just moved out of New York City to settle where we are now and I was newly pregnant with my 3rd son. I like your mantra as it relates to this war, that I wish never happened in the first place.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Don't even get me started talking about the idiocy of Bush....my blood pressure will spike thinking back to those days.