Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gene testing for prevention

We all have heard of a well known proverb, "Prevention is better than cure"

With the pharmaceutical companies trying to expand their business by bringing in customers rather than finding out a cure; the well versed individual should look into prevention techniques that will help them from becoming one of the many customers of these drug companies.

Gene testing is becoming a new savvy!

Trying to get tested before a disease strikes and implementing prevention techniques could HELP keep the disease at distance.

Gene testing is straightforward.

It can be done with just a few drops of blood, however; the cost at present is excruciating. There is a large possibility that this test will become cheaper as the years roll by.

My 2 cents is that there is no harm in getting it done since prevention techniques can to a point help us avoid the pain and anguish and the huge medical bills.

My question to my readers: Would you like to get gene tested in the near future OR just put it on Destiny!

Mantra for today:Prevention could be the key to Gene Testing.

4 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Very interesting and something to think about for sure. Thanks Ruchira!!

Unknown said...

The old saying goes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The system in the US seems to have it backwards. Food for thought. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Ruchira.

Cynthia said...

Yeah, hmm...this could be tricky because if insurance companies get wind of the fact that you test for cancer, for example, I think it might be a tad...not good. lol. Wonderful post!

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Thanks for the information. I have a lot of faith in my body, and I know it well. I'm never sick so I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing. :)