Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Being Popular versus a Common Man

Every man desires to be popular.

Why?

It is a known fact that life would be easy sleazy for the person who is popular, and the normal struggles a man encounters would be teeny weeny less. It is also known that once a person is popular the ladder to success keeps getting shorter and shorter, and success knows no boundaries. However, this popular man would be having sleepless nights since his each and every action would be recorded and re-winded by a common man.

Its like earning your first million dollars then the dollars just keep multiplying without any effort.

Boy, popularity sure has its advantages, huh!

Common man is trudging along the street while facing each hardship that comes his way, and trying to come up with solutions.
Even the Almighty would feel sorry for this common man. Such is the plight!
However, he is a happy go lucky creature, and does not really care even if he has a proper shirt on his body.

But ever wonder why only a handful of people get popular, and not all despite their hard work?
It is because the common man is the precursor for the popular man.
The common man is the person who lifts up a man to popularity. He is also the man who could bring a popular man down by his deeds or actions.

Conclusion

Even if, being popular means success, and power.
A common man is the person who actually has powers to make a man popular.

What would you prefer to be?

Mantra for today: Accepting your current situation gives you peace of mind.

7 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

I would rather just be me at this point, because too much popularity means that all eyes are on you and not so comfortable with that thought. Don't get me wrong recognition is nice, but now fame where you can't do anything unless the world has all eyes on you. Voted again today for you :)

JENNIFER WILCK said...

Wow, that's a great connection, Ruchira. I really like what you did with this theme. Thanks for participating!

Christy B said...

I would much rather have a few close friends than be really popular and not have time for those people :) Hugs!

Cynthia said...

I like being me, but I'll take a little of that 'popularity' so I can sell my art and photography. :D

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

I became much more popular when I quit trying to be popular. LOL

Unknown said...

I would rather be plain ole me. At this point I don't know how to be anyone else and wouldn't want to try. Trying never got me anywhere anyways. LOL

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi there, very profound thoughts on this post! I really liked it, and now I feel very "powerful" as I identify with the common man (or woman!) I wouldn't be able to be anybody else except me, and at my age, I feel comfortable to be as I am! Have a good day!