Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Are the results out, yet?

 

I shouted, "Are the results out yet?"while quickly pulling on my pants and zipping them up, then pushed the door open. 

Mom was busy knitting, and she shook her head no.

"Mom!" I shrieked, refreshed the screen, and exhaled deeply. 

Our eyes met. 

She was calm, wearing a gentle smile despite my reaction. 

The results had not yet been released, so I sat beside her. "I can't take this waiting game!" I lamented.

"Sing a song!" Mom said. 

"Huh?" I responded. 

"Keep your mind busy, Sara. Time will tick away! Besides, the results are not in your hand." 



In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about waiting. Where does this waiting take place? Does it have a past or a future outcome? Who is waiting and why? Go where the prompt leads!

3 comments:

Twist said...

Thanks for your clear explanations and effort in creating meaningful content.

Unibet said...

Your post was both informative and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Norah Colvin said...

Oh yes, Ruchira. I know that waiting game. Well done.