Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Hermit




The sun was disappearing over the horizon. 

The noise was deafening as the waves clashed against each other but that did not deter my steps.

Was it the coolness that encouraged me to move on or was it the mind that had escaped to a location that made me a recluse.

It was just me and my memories with them as a toddler, a teen and an adult. 

"Wish Life was fair," I whispered as my tongue tasted the salt on my dry lips. "'miss our time together," let a loose tear, "while 'pray you two rest in peace!" 


==============

August 17, 2017 prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write about an escape artist. It can even be you, the writer, escaping into a different realm or space in imagination. It can be any genre, including BOTS (based on a true story) or fantasy. You can focus on the escape, the twist or the person who is the escape artist.

No comments: