If I Could Create A TV Show, I would vouch for a reality show.
When it comes to reality TV, I am a dolt since I don't quite understand why these people in the show leave their "normal" life and try to mimic a scripted life on screen and portray that it is theirs.
If it had been a show such as Bold and the Beautiful or the Young and the Restless, I would understand that the characters are playing specific roles. But, seriously coming to a show where you portray your life as if it is real...drives me nuts!
But surprisingly such shows are a mega hit, which concludes that it brings in a lot of dough to the producers.
Money is the king!
How about putting my thoughts aside on scripted shows on the sideline and create an outline on how to start a reality TV show? I am sure I will gather enough funds for my retirement, and make unemployed people stars of the century.
1. Pick a bunch of unemployed people from the employment center. Make sure they bring in their families too. There should be a couple of kids who are smart to understand the directions such as when to cry and when to laugh.
2. Rent a camera and their handy dandy stuff needed to shoot and employ some of the dimwit people to work for it when not in the show. After all, these guys just have to point and shoot, when someone pretends to act crazy!
3.Make your home like your TV Set. All the actors are in custody and do not leave that home until they are kicked out by polls, which would occur every week.
4. Ask the above players to talk or walk or act strangely in that home. Some can even curse or strip to get attention. The stranger they behave, the more time they get to stay in that home.
5. Then time it for two months. Kick everyone out of the house until one remains. Finish the production.
6. Market your Show as one of the wackiest ever seen while advertising the weirdest moments of the actors.
7. Voila, it will have a buyer in no time.
8. Air on television, and before you know it; you will be asked to shoot more of such shows.
There, your future is bright!
Mantra for today: Have the presence of mind to go with the present times!
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.