Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How to survive without the necessary commodity

With time and innovations, man has become dependent on many things in life.

I could name a ton of them and the list would be incomplete.

One such essential commodity is toilet paper. We all need to go, so there is no shame in having it beside us all the time.

Recently this vital object was forgotten on a plane.

Result?

There was  chaos on board. People did not know how to face the situation. The air hostesses were being polite by handing paper napkins to the passengers to do their job and clean up.

My 2 cents

Sure, toilet paper has become essential, and we all need it. However, ask the third world countries, how do they manage without this bathroom tissue?.

Countries where toilet paper has still not surfaced, water is used.

Thank heavens for a natural product still available on this planet.

Dihydrogen monoxide

Result

Man is an intelligent soul and can always tune himself according to the crisis in hand. The people on board were initially shocked but, adapted to the new change.

Using these essential objects versus getting addicted to them is of prime importance. They are two sides of a coin.


Mantra for today: Man should be able to draw a line of contentment, when essential objects are not around him.


3 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Oh this is a tricky one indeed and you are correct that we should be able to deal with this in a civilized and rational manner though. I mean this stewardess was still handing out paper products to use even if it wasn't toilet paper, so it couldn't be all bad. Thanks for sharing and voted as always!!

Cynthia said...

Yes, I like my TP. When I've traveled to places abroad, I didn't know that everyone DIDN'T use TP. I was like...uh...what do I do? HAHAH

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Interesting and I have no doubt that people panicked....take away essentials and modern man is in a world of hurt. :)