Monday, April 15, 2013

Spelling bee

Man loves to challenge himself. This does not limit him to any particular age group.

Lately, middle schoolers have been dared in spelling bee competitions. They ought to know the definition of the words.

Logically, it is good since no more cramming of the letters that make a word. They will be able to learn the meaning behind it thus while helping them increase their vocabulary.

There is always confrontation in the initial year, but adaptability is in our blood. Man is an intelligent soul to take up any adventure.

Mantra for today: Challenges tend to strengthen one's mind.


4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love spelling bees, hehe. I used to be really good at them...until I learned Spanish where everything is spelled like it sounds. HAHAHA

Janine Huldie said...

Oh I too loved school spelling bees and always did pretty well in them also. Voted for you as always!! :)

Michelle Liew said...

I loved spelling bees too! I just thought of this episode from Touched by an Angel where the boy was so stressed by his mother into winning a spelling bee that she had to have an angel point it out to her. Great post!

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

A life without challenges? Hardly seems fun to me at all. I thrive on challenges. Keep them coming.