Friday, December 4, 2020

Virtual Turkey Trot


"Are you ready for tomorrow? What time should I wake you up?" inquired A.

"Do we have to?" asked P with a long sigh.

"Of course! We ought to keep the tradition alive. So what if we can't run the Turkey Trot with people. Let's do it by ourselves." 

"And just like all the times, I'll keep the pie, mashed potatoes, buttermilk biscuits, and lasagna ready." I chipped in with a broad smile to encourage my son. 

"Yum! So everything's the same as old times." He beamed with joy over it, "How does 7 am sound for our 10K?" 


  In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story that includes family traditions. It can be related to any holiday or situation. 

6 comments:

D. Avery said...

That's a fine tradition to continue. Some can be kept, with modifications.

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

A 10K sounds horrible to me, but I would help eating the food. lol Happy Holidays, Ruchira!

CharliMills said...

Making special foods an incentive seems to be what gets us trotting!

Colleen Chesebro said...

Sounds like a fun tradition until I'd get too old to run. LOL! Great fun! <3

HulderMN said...

I admire your energy and sticking to tradition!

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thank you all for stopping by. Some traditions are easy to follow...this one is one of them. I just to have prepare the meals, while the boys do the 10K every year during this time.