Thursday, February 5, 2015

Do Memories haunt you?

I have been breathing oxygen for about forty plus years, and that little sponge material on my north floor has captured, saved, seized many incidents of my life that I have experienced so far...


The falling from my two wheeler in front of some teen boys and not only tearing a muscle, but those jeers that followed. The drive with my dad to a store, and being hit by a truck, which lead to our car stand in a vertical position and then being pulled out before it caught fire. The break of a glass window in a moving car where the shattered glass was all over me. The bitterness, anguish feeling when I could not get a perfect score that I had anticipated in my academics. The loss of a friendship when she backbit. The scene of my dad laying still, and me coming to terms with his death.


Alas! Memories!

These flashbacks whether sad or evil will continue to ache my heart and make me weep when I come across similar objects in my day to day life. But, I will not stick to any memory that allow it to haunt me! 


“There is enough strength within you to overcome anything in life.” 
― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great: Beautiful Quotes


Honestly speaking who has the time for it?

A proverb, "Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Weep, then you weep alone!"
Since we are social animals, we need the company of humans, thus might as well continue to tread the path that life unfolds rather than brood over our losses or griefs.


“I am more than my scars.” 
― Andrew Davidson, The Gargoyle


Sure, grieving helps, but it also helps us stay grounded. Thus, next time when you get distressed over an incident, count your blessings. While you momentarily grieve over that agony, apply balm over your pain to help soothe it, and carry on!



Mantra for today: Man is an intelligent being, and should not hold himself back over a hurdle. 

--------

FTSF is here. There sentence for today is: "The Memory that haunts me"
Join in the fun!


No comments: