Thursday, February 6, 2014

Shhh....Secrets!


I want to tell you my little secret.

This was a secret I told my friends ~20 years back, and it squeezed the pulp out of me.

Seriously! 

It was so bad that I could hardly sleep and even enjoy this little secret of mine. Then finally after a year or so I gave in. I told the world (i.e my parents) that I had a crush on a guy.

Sure, that was the 80's then and talking about crushes during that time was a hush hush or let's say at least in my family.

Saying it out loud was like a tranquilizer to me and I felt all my nerves relax as I was back to enjoying my teen years. 

“A good friend keeps your secrets for you. A best friend helps you keep your own secrets.” 
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

We keep secrets within us or share it with just a handful of people cause we are embarrassed to say it out loud to the general public.

Then we fear about those secrets, and we stay cautioned about it always. It is like being on guard 24/7 and hounding like a dog over those people who know our code.

Just imagine all our energy is going wasted over people whom we confided in or just digging one's conscious over a secret we dare not whisper about it.

Research has indicated that usually woman can't keep secrets and tends to confide in people around and then repent over it. While men are from another planet, they can suck inside them way deep and thus, the reason of a pot belly!!

Either way, why keep secrets?

 Although again researchers have indicated that you ought to keep some from your friend, or a better half just to keep the relationship healthy.

Okay if you do wanna keep them...flush them down your backside cause keeping it within you will just keep eating you alive. 

Our memory is the basis of our intolerance towards anything unfavorable. Memories die hard especially the bad ones thus, difficult to eradicate from the grey cells.

I'd say, "If there is a will there is a way" 

Reason out within yourself about that little secret of yours and make a justification in your favor. This will definitely pep you up mentally and emotionally, and thus, help you let go of it. Also, if your unrevealed act is bid farewell in a positive way, chances are that whenever you do get a flashback of it. It will not haunt you or make you feel guilty.

Mantra for today: Reason within yourself for every act and justify it for a life without secrets!

-------
FTSF is here and their sentence for today is, "I want to tell you"
Join in the fun!

No comments: