Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sacrifices make a Masterpiece!



Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele


It takes me back to the days when I was a student. When board exams were around the corner; curfew would set in my home. The Radio and the television would be switched off. Not only was I cocooned to my room; but even my parents had cut off all ties with my extended family and friends on Sundays' and even talked in whispers. The only distraction would be the telephone; but even that my mom would keep the talk to the minimum and I would usually hear her end her talk with, "Let's meet after R's board exams." 
x




The whole scenario was revolving around me and my schedule that at times I would get overwhelmed and pressured to do well. 'What if I don't the whole society will mock me' were the nightmares I would get. Dreams of dejection, mockery, and frowning upon were more than ever! 

At times I would even confide in my mom asking her to not broadcast to the whole world, but then she had a very concise response. "You can't change them ever! They will even react if you succeed!" 

That was an eye-opener!

My train of thoughts started chugging on the opposite track where the goal was bright and luminous accompanied by laughter and celebration. That brought a smile, but then I realized the journey to that goal is sweaty, toiled with hard labor and sacrifice of lots of Me time to grasp the fundamentals of physics, biology, chemistry, and mathematics. I gave up daydreaming and toiled along. 

Days were numbered, but the goal made me smile so everything around me was temporary as I knew I wanted to latch on to that target. 

Soon the exams were over. The wait time was up, and the results were out! 

My hard work paid off!! I got into my dream college and today am happy at how my life turned out. 

If a writer chooses to step away from social media to create a master piece. So be it! 

Sacrifices made to attain that step are brief, but they are so worth it! 

Conclusion: A dream doesn't become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work. Colin Powell


----------------

Is leaving the social media the right step for those who wish to focus on writing? Must writers stop interacting even in real life?#GoodWriting
This has been an Indispire write up!

No comments: