Friday, June 4, 2021

Life on a Leash

 


"Where are you going?"

"Umm, I was planning on going to the mall," said Neena in a meek voice.

"Why? In an hour, it'll be time for my tea." said the master authoritatively, "And won't the endless walking in the mall make you tired?" 

There was silence.

"Go and rest till your next chore rather than galavanting." said the 65-year-old lady in a commanding tone. 

Neena gave out a long sigh as she dragged her feet into the 4*4 room, " I wish I had not taken an advance from my master. I'm on a leash until six months." 



In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story being leashed. Is it literal or metaphorical? Who or what is leashed. How does it set the tone? Go where the prompt leads!

4 comments:

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

Sadly, that kind of servitude exists in the world today. I can't imagine that kind of life. I have no frame of reference at all. :(

CharliMills said...

A powerful and painful look at someone leashed by servitude. Well done.

Toluene Free Inks said...

I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

Daisy said...

Packers and movers in bangalore online