Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Young Gardener




"Aargh, my hands are dirty." cried a five-year-old Pedro as he raises them in the air and flaps them irritatingly. 


"That's alright," came the mom to his rescue as she dusted them off and kissed those fingertips, "Look at the plant you just put in the soil."


Little Pedro saw the marigold and went his way. 


A week went by; the tiny plant had two new buds. 


Pedro was noticing it all this while. 


Then one fine day, mom saw him bend over and kiss the flower. 


"The flower is so happy," he said as he clapped his hands. 


========

In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story about earthing. Put a character’s hands, feet or body and soul into the earth. Who needs recharging? What happens between the interaction? Go where the prompt leads!





5 comments:

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

I love it! I wish more parents would get their kids involved with gardening.

HulderMN said...

Such a lovely image. Growing marigolds and love at the same time!

CharliMills said...

Aw, such a sweet story, Ruchira. I love that the child equates the blooming flowers to happiness.

Unknown said...

This is a photo of my child that you did not request to use. Would you please remove it from your site!

elizabeth santelmann said...

I realize it didn't show my name. Would you please remove the photo of my child from your page.