Monday, November 16, 2020

The Grinch



"What is that green thingie on my toast?" I inquired with flared nostrils.

"Oh! Sweetie, that's avocado. It's supposed to be very healthy for you." Mom said in a gentle voice as she got busy with the cleanup.

"I just want my PB&J sandwich." I moaned. 

"Besides, I will end up becoming a grinch if I eat these toasts." 

"Who said?" Mom inquired with hands on her hips and a crossed brow.

"Marsha said her brother has turned green ever since he ate avocados."

Then with a brief pause, "I don't want to hate Christmas by becoming a grinch."


==================




5 comments:

Gloria said...

So typical of a child's reaction to a green healthy food. I eat so many avocados...I hope I don't turn into a grinch! 🤢😂

Sunday Reflections or Stumbling Towards Happiness by Bill Holland said...

That was a fun read. I'm happy to report I am not green!

D. Avery said...

Don't make her eat it. Just enjoy it yourself. She'll come around and will be dreaming of a green Christmas.

CharliMills said...

Ha! Either way, if you don't like avocados, a Grinch-like feeling can take over. Fun take on the prompt, Ruchira!

Ruchira Khanna said...

Thank you Charli, Gail, Bill and Gloria.

Glad you enjoyed the take.